Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Journal Entry 1-20-2011

Who are you?Hello my name is Arion Duncan, i am 19 years old and this is my second semester in my freshman year of college at Missouri Western State University. Where do you come from? I am from Kansas City, Missouri. I was born and raised there, wanting to have all of my education here where i was born and raised. That's why i am here because of choice i have had to siblings that have came here before me, so i already knew about this campus and just wanted to come because i was so familiar with it. What have been your experiences with reading and writing? I have done a lot of reading and writing while i was in high school, I can say that writing was not one of my favorite things but they still got done. Reading on the other hand was by choice. But there are certain choices of reading that i wanted to do. Mostly if it has something to do with what was similar to my childhood experiences that deals with the projects and not having much to eat or to wear, that really entertains me. If i can relate to it thats what gets me out of my seat to read. Now last semester I took English 100, and my writing experiences have grown a lot then because i have learned how to write certain ways to make a paper come out a lot better. when  i strengthen my reading skills more in high school i strengthen my writing a lot last semester because i was pushed and i got it done hoping to do the same this semester. What do your classmates and I need to know about you as a reader and writer? That i will do whatever it takes to learn more and more. There are some areas that i am still struggling in but i will fix them to make me a better writer. What are your strengths and weaknesses as a reader and writer? My strengths are that i am great at coming up with ideas very quickly to put in my paper thats different from most people. I still have the problem of sentence structure so for right now that would be my weakness. How do these practices intimidate or excite you? They don't excite nor intimidate me because i am not satisfied with where i am as a writer i want to become better writer

1 comment:

  1. Hi Arion,

    Welcome back! I'm happy to see that I did not scare you off last semester.

    Your last statement of this post makes me smile, because many of your peers only take this course since it is required, but you wish to become "a better writer." I hope that you take all additional avenues in order to become a better writer. This semester may be a challenge; however, you have had me last semester, so I assume you understand what your problem areas are. Let's see how we can improve. I would encourage you to also work with a tutor because this will help you with this semester and 108.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete