Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Discuss Experiences with Reading and Writng

Before this Class, what did you anticipate? before i came to Missouri Western I was unsure about how my college life would go. I always thought it would be to hard and I would never get through my process as being a student and I would just fold up and leave because that's all I did in high school. It being hard in high school I didn't think it was the right thing for me to come to a university. I would just start out in community college first. Especially in english because I never really had that much help in that area because of the way my teachers treated me.I was the only black person in my class. He didnt seem to care about my problems because I was less to him than the others in the class. So coming here was a challenge not thinking i was going to do well because of my past experience. I was unsure of me knowing the way to truely format a paper and how to get good ideas to get a good start to a new idea.I knew just knew that was I not going to get a good grade. And from the other college students before me, how they were saying you will not get any help because professors are alot more busy than teachers. There would be no staying after class getting help because professors have a busy schedule just like you do.But after all my process has gotten better because alot of those things people were saying wasn't true. They have time you just have to work around their schedule.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Arion,

    I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances. Sometimes we experience bad things in order to make room for what will actually go well for us in the future. Many of us have encountered obstacles, unlike yours, where we have been thrust into an environment we aren't certain we will succeed.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete