Thursday, September 2, 2010

Intorduction to me

Hello my name is arion Duncan, I am 19 years old. I was born and raised in Kansas City, MO. I went to Woodland Elementary school, follwed by Urban Community Leadership Academy (UCLA) charter/middle school. My high school years were divided by two different schools because of me having to move in between times. I first went to Northeast high schoolmy freshman and sophmore year. By my junior year i had to move to North Kansas City which is also known as the Northland of Missouri. My final two years of high school i attended Parkhill high school. That was the roughest time I ever had to go through beacuse transitioning from a non-creditation school to one of the best public schools in the state of Missouritook a big toll on me. High school was the hardest years because i felt like I couldn't fit in. I didnt know any of the requirements that i was suppose to hav learned by my junior to move on and be caught up. The main reason why I thought it was so hardbecause I had to go back and learn what I missed freshman and sophmore year and still try to learn what was in my junior classes at the same time. I toughed it all out, I mean there was those times when I felt like giving up but i stuck it through and going into my senior year it was time for me to wrap up and to see what i was going to after school, and still trying to finish up what was left for me to do in my final months of highschool. At the end i walkedthe stage and before my eyes I sawthat all of my hard work has paid off. Now I bet you wondering how did I get here to Missouri Westrern State University. Well I was lucky enough to have both my older sisters Ebony and Ivory to go here and graduate. They are doin well for themselves and all I want to do is follow in there footsteps and see where my college life will take me.

1 comment:

  1. HI Arion,

    Thank you for sharing. Is your sister Ivory Duncan by chance? If so, then I went to school with her here as an undergrad.

    I can see that you struggled in HS. It is never easy moving. I have had my fair share of struggles in school. I was one of those who had to work toward success.

    Ms. Chastain

    ReplyDelete