Monday, September 6, 2010

"Rite of Passage" Anthony Brandt (p.124)

1.) What do you remember of your own grandparent or another elderly person of importance to your family?
      
      My memory of my grandparents was when my father stayed with them and my sister and I use to come over to spend the weekend there with my other cousins. I loved the way they always argued all the time over simple things, but the best part was when they use to give us dollars a piece and wait around for the ice cream truck to drive around the block and my grandpa would whistle really loud to stop the ice cream man. They would tell us to put them in the freezer until we eat dinner. We would rush to eat our food to get our ice cream and my grandma would always offer us to eat more then she would convince us to eat more so we always fell in the trap and ended up eating more than we wanted. I really love my grandparents because i believe thy are the best thing that could happen to our family that we can remember.

     We as our age of kids, we really thought that our grandparents were the starters of the family and they were the ones that created the people that are around us now. Now that I think about it, we can really say that, because when they were born they didnt have to continue this family tree as we call it but they did and I really thank them for being them, and choices they made to bringing me my father or on the other side bringing me my mother. I believe everyone should acknowledge tthe greatness they have done for us because without them there would be no us, and I greatly appreciate that.

    As I got older I lost touch with them my father side of the family because I really wasn't on good terms with my dad. I still think about them everyday, because I know they not gone be around for long and I would love to be back close with them before that time comes because we all know it will just don't know the time but not just for grandparents, i would want that anybody to reconnect with the one that they love, not just about lost contact but for whoever you had a big misunderstanding with. I can really careless about what people argue, its not worth losing your loved ones over.  

    

1 comment:

  1. Hi Arion,

    Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed the encounters that you share with your grandparents specifically about them as the creators of your family. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete