Friday, September 24, 2010

Maya Angelou - Sister Flowers

A memorable childhood experience for me was when i was in school. I was very angery at alot of things in my life, and i took it out on people at school. I was bad and didn't feel like i had to listen to anybody. At times it would get so bad that if someone would aggervate me by just touchingmy things it would tick me off to the point that i would go off and storm around and knock everything over. I would have the class very scared at times and didn't care about it. They would call my parents and i would get into trouble but i would just go back and do the same thing. They would also send me out of school for sometime and that wouldn't work.

One day it got the point that i went so far that, i had hurt myself in the action. I don't know what happen to me but that must have rung a bell in my head because from then on i started to think about how things would affect my life .

1 comment:

  1. Hi Arion,

    Thank you for sharing.

    I'm sorry that things got to that point. It is difficult to allow yourself to just breathe in that instance. I read a great article on the power of the pause. I know it sounds corny, but it really made me think about the times where I was angry (and still am :)). Instead of reacting to the situation, take a step back. Take a deep, deep breath. Ask yourself, will this matter in an hour from now. A week from now? A year from now? The answer is probably no. Allow yourself time to step away from the situation and only to revisit it when you are calm.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete