Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Where College Fails Us - Caroline Bird

So far my experiences in college has been easy to me. Its a matter of setting your own schedule and going by it. I believe people will be successful in college if they just go by there own schedule. I also have experienced first living away fro home for the first time and I was at first nervous about it but its time to grow up and be your own person now. We are about to be grown adults and we need to start making our on decisions thats going to affect our life either in a good way or not. I am experiencing that no one is going to be holding your hand anymore. You are going to have to fend for yourself for everything in college. No one is going to give you second chamces or anything. If  you decide to miss class or do amything illegal on or off campus and you are known to be the college student there will be consequences for your actions. You know if you would mess up at home you probably would get your material things tooken away maybe car or phone but here you are condiered as an adult an you will punished as one also. People have already been taken to jail for reason that could have been avoided

I went to college because I know that there is better oppurtunites out there if you have a degree up under5 your belt. Jobs are being lost by the second and they are getting tooken away from people who does not have any educational background outside of high school. I want to become one of those people that can take there career to the top no matter how bad of a time it is in America. Because with the education that would be my ticket to keep me in the system that can never take away. So even if I do lose one job I can always find another. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Arion,

    I'm happy that you have made the decision to go to college. It is not easy setting your own schedule when you have had someone do it for you your entire life. However, you tell us that you have. I can tell that you are more of a serious student because of your attendance and participation in class. You are willing to learn the skills necessary to excel in college and out. Your sisters should be proud.

    What I would like to see for the next journal responses is narration (e.g. what you have been doing up until now), but also examine what you have written. I would like for you to fit the author in somewhere. Think of it as analysis if you will. For instance, I would suggest looking at Cristina's post about "Where College Fails Us" by Caroline Bird. You can locate her link on the class blog.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete